Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It Was the Best of Times-1988-1990

I think I'm depressed again....lol

I have really been thinking back to when times were good.(like I always do). I have always stated that I think my favorite time in life had to be when I was in middle school. I can't really explain it other than it just was. Some of the best music in R&B came out from 1988-1990 when I was in the 7th and 8th grades respectively. That era is commonly known as New Jack Swing. Keith Sweat(say what you want but Keith was the man), Guy(best new jack group),Troop(owns my favorite song of all time),Karyn White, New Edition was reborn,Bobby Brown, Al B Sure,Christoper Wlliams, Janet Jackson and so many more just made the time period a CLASSIC. I think I may own every mp3 that was out during that time period(seriously). I got to meet so many new people in middle school. It wasn;t until 8th grade that I met my forever homie KK and we trip ALL of 8th grade. It was there I met David,Randy and so many others fellas and we just tripped out ALL THE TIME. Then something happened... I passed to the 9th grade and entered high school. The music was still great but the good times I had experienced in middle school weren't that great in high school. Honestly much of my time in high school was a blur....many of my friends I had in middle school either moved away(shout out to my homie Diral) or they didn't take advance classes and if they did we didn't have the same period. So in many ways I had to start anew and make new friends and that was hard for me. Also this was a time when I really had to mature and I can't say I was 100% successful. I didn't reach a 100% until college. It was just a weird time...LOL. I was academically fine in high school and socially ok but it lacked something. As I write this I'm still not sure what was missing in high school that didn't make it so hype for me.. On June 6,1994 high school ended and I couldn't have been happier. Again I didn't hate high school I just didn't have fun like I did in middle school. Even senior year wasn't exciting (even though the Class of 94 was da shit!!...lol). I'll be back with part two of my reflections on the next time the good times rolled for me....lol

2 Comments:

Blogger melette said...

I think that when we dwell in the past we can't see how good our present really is.

7:27 AM  
Blogger B.Good said...

That WAS a great era for music. I wish I could've appreciated it more. *sigh*

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home